28 May What to eat to strengthen our immune system?
Here are some recommendations from our Nutrition Department to maintain a healthy diet and boost the body’s natural defenses.
Don’t forget to wash your hands before, during and after cooking, and keep the kitchen and utensils clean!
- We need to maintain a good protein intake, for which we recommend the consumption of meat, poultry and fish, as well as eggs and dairy products.
- As a complement, it is recommended to include carbohydrates such as legumes and rice, as well as pasta stuffed with fresh foods, avoiding industrialized products. It is suggested to moderate carbohydrates because of their high energy content (calories).
- Consume fresh seasonal fruits and vegetables that provide a good supply of vitamins and minerals on a daily basis, including them in preparations such as cakes, omelets, puddings or desserts.
- Maintain an orderly schedule of the 4 main meals to avoid consuming foods of lower nutritional value in between meals.
- Proper hydration is important. Drinking 1.5 to 2 liters of water per day is recommended.
- Perform 30 minutes of physical activity on a daily basis.
Frequent hand washing before, during and after cooking is very important.
Ensure proper and thorough cooking of food, especially meats, to avoid foodborne diseases.
A nutritious, varied and safe diet will provide us with the necessary nutrients to maintain a good immune system and an adequate body weight.